Nobody really enjoys cleaning a litter box. Well, there’s probably somebody who enjoys it, but I haven’t ever met them.
For me, one of the worst parts about cleaning a litter box is having to deal with a flimsy scoop. Having multiple cats means that I’m scooping a lot of stuff from the boxes every day, and I have lost many scoops to bent necks and broken handles because they couldn’t handle the weight and the sheer volume of the clumps I was removing from the boxes.
For several months now I have been using the iPrimo Sifter and it is a game changer!
- Solid metal basket and handle
- Deep sifting basket for picking up a lot of litter in one pass
- Perfect handle length for getting a great scooping angle
- Small distance between slots means I can get more of the tiny chunks
- Tapered bars to make the slots allows litter to drain really quickly without having to shake the scoop
Basically, I love this scoop!
The one thing I have learned is that this scoop works best if you’re using a fine grain litter. I had, for many years been using Dr. Elsey’s Precious Cat Ultra but I found that with this scoop the grains on that litter are a little too big. These days I’m using Nature’s Miracle Intense Defense litter, and the boxes are much easier to clean.